I am still training for that little old half marathon, even though I haven’t done a Training Day post in a couple of weeks. Next week I’ll get an update out, I promise!
On to the fun facts for the week!
1. My Fantasy Football team “Eric’s Berries” is absolutely going to CRUSH this league.
As you know I am a college football girl through and through, however I do love me some NFL. Even better? I LOVE my former Volunteers in the NFL. At the bar on Sundays during the season, my friends pepper me with “where did they go to school?”
This year my fantasy football team is named after Kansas City Chief’s 5th overall draft pick in 2010 (and you guessed it, former Tennessee stand out) Eric Berry. This year the “Berries” which I will of course refer to the team as from here on out, are freaking stacked. I mean AP AND Cordarelle Patterson?? Game. Over.
2. If you are looking for seafood in Burlington, you must go to Bleu Northeast Seafood. Oh man what a way to spend an anniversary meal. Bleu opened recently and I still had not tried it so off we went. We started off with one of my favorite new drinks (that I of course forgot to take a photo of) the Garden Tonic. “House infused cucumber Vodka, lemon juice, honey simple syrup, celery bitters with cucumber, mint, thyme, and lime , topped off with tonic water.” AMAZING.
The gave us the best seat in the house- we must know people or something 😉 Our meal began sharing the Blue & Greens salad which the kitchen so generously split for us (they must have known we don’t share well) and for main course I got the Cedar Roasted salmon pictured above. I substituted the potato salad for their cheddar mashed potatoes because when given the option I will always choose cheddar mashed potatoes.
Zach tried the Steak Frites and loved every bite. When the plates were served he made it a point to tell me “You can even eat the flowers on top!” Love that guy. Overall it was a great experience, I am so happy we went!
3. Scavenger hunts are the coolest.
I got home from work on Wednesday to find a scavenger hunt waiting for me through the living room and kitchen. Here were some of my favorite clues…
4. I FINALLY bought the perfect dresses for the wedding we are attending next weekend in Connecticut.
The couple were gracious enough to invite me along to the rehearsal dinner (out of town girlfriend of a groomsman, you know the drill) which meant I had to find a dress for that as well. Had to is a stretch but still, I wanted to 😉
So yesterday I stopped in to Francesca’s and found this lovely dress for 40% off final sale in addition to 10% off with my student ID. That means $23.00 folks! I think it will be perfect for the rehearsal dinner. I actually saw the dress on La Petite Fashionista’s adorable blog before I walked into the store and I absolutely love what she did to style it! Be sure to check it out!!!
I’ll keep the dress I found for the wedding itself to myself for now but just know, I typically hate shopping online for dresses but Lily Boutique I freaking love you!
5. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer is my new best friend.
Tarte BB Cream via Sephora $35.00
I’ve been in search of a good BB cream for awhile now and I may have met my match. It feels amazing on the skin, blends so well and actually covers amazingly. Plus a little goes a long way which makes the price totally worth it. According to the lovely lady at Sephora, this BB cream plus a little loose powder and you’re good to go!
Happy Weekending Friends!
Do you fantasy football?
What is your go to cocktail?
Do you prefer in store shopping or online?